What you'll learn
1. Customer attributes that may help you build a more personalized experience
2. Customers' go-to devices and processes for completing everyday tasks
3. Potential areas of improvement for your experience
4. Barriers and points of frustration during (and after) completing a specific task
By asking your target demographic to evaluate your customer journey and define pain points, you’ll learn insights that’ll help prioritize new optimization efforts. This knowledge will uncover the critical interactions that need to be improved, while offering intel on the quick wins you can achieve by making a small interface tweak. And at the very least, you’ll be able to better understand your customers’ habits and behaviors to define how they complete everyday tasks.
We recommend sharing your insights with other teams within your organization to build a broader sense of awareness of what it's like to be your customer. It’ll get everyone thinking about creating a better experience for your users, and it’ll put you well on your way to becoming a truly customer-centric company.
This template can be used for both educational or product developmental purposes. Whether you’re shifting priorities, planning a website or app redesign, or addressing a buildup of customer pain points, use it to:
- Validate or dispel hypotheses about the customer journey
- Narrow down priorities by learning what customers want instead of assuming
- Gain a better understanding of who your customers are and why they use your product
- Boost retention rates and achieve growth goals
- Improve web or mobile design to optimize digital experiences
- Minimize call and chat volumes to call centers
Hear from our customers
Non-profit organization World Education Services (WES) works to match international students and professionals with education and employment opportunities in the US and Canada. Looking to enhance their digital customer journey for higher customer satisfaction and growth, while eliminating pain points, the non-profit tried UserTesting for the first time. Leveraging highlight reels, WES quickly made design changes that simplified the customer experience. And thanks to the impact of customer empathy, the organization has boosted both internal productivity and customer satisfaction simultaneously.
Now that you know how to use this template to fit your needs, dive into the resources below to learn how teams across your organization can rely on human insight to create successful, customer-centric products and experiences.
Marketing teamsDrive growth with critical insights from real customers about your brand, products, advertising, promotions, and more.
Product and Design teamsCollect feedback on any experience, analyze results, and share findings while saving time and reducing the cost of rework.
Forrester: UserTesting delivers a 665% ROI over three years
A recent Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) Study, conducted by Forrester on behalf of UserTesting, illustrates how organizations using the UserTesting Human Insight Platform can realize $2.03M in value and 665% in ROI over a three-year period.